A Sunbiz E-File Account is essentially a payment account established through the Florida Division of Corporations. Think of it as similar to a debit account at a bank. To use this account, you must deposit money into it, and it serves as your financial resource for paying for various business filings.
However, it’s important to note that a Sunbiz E-File Account isn’t meant for one-time payments; it’s designed for businesses that have recurring filings with the Division of Corporations.
Why Set Up a Sunbiz E-File Account?
A Sunbiz E-File Account is especially beneficial for businesses with multiple ongoing filings. It simplifies the payment process for filings and can expedite processing times. Additionally, business entities with an account have the advantage of faxing all their filings to the Division of Corporations, further speeding up the processing of important documents.
While we generally recommend online filing, not all forms can be submitted electronically. If your business requires multiple filings that are not supported through the Division of Corporations’ website, having a Sunbiz E-File Account is an excellent option. You can set up this account in advance and use it to pay for various filings. It operates much like a debit or checking account: you deposit money into it, and payments are deducted when you file.
E-Filing for Various Documents
Sunbiz offers an electronic payment solution for most filings and is particularly beneficial for the following types of E-Filings:
- Annual Report Filings
- Domestic and Foreign Profit and Non-Profit Corporation Filings
- Fictitious Name Registrations
- General Partnership/Limited Liability Partnership Documents
- Domestic and Foreign Limited Liability Company Documents
- Limited Partnership/Limited Liability Limited Partnership Documents
- Most Reinstatement Filings
Setting Up a Sunbiz E-File Account
Setting up a Sunbiz E-File Account is a straightforward process:
- Submit an Application: To begin, you’ll need to file a Sunbiz account application with the Florida Division of Corporations. This application serves as the foundation for your E-File Account.
- Deposit Funds: Alongside your application, you must include an initial account deposit, which should be a minimum of $300. To facilitate this deposit, use the Sunbiz account deposit slip. Make your check or money order payable to the Florida Department of State.
- Await Approval: After submission, you’ll need to await approval and confirmation that your Sunbiz E-File Account has been successfully accepted and set up. Once approved, you’ll be ready to leverage the benefits of your Sunbiz e-filing account.
How to Use Your E-File Account
Once your Sunbiz E-File Account is established, you can conveniently manage your filings and payments. Here’s how it works:
- Sign In Online: Log into your Sunbiz account online, where you can select the specific document you intend to file.
- Electronic Filing Cover Sheet: Upon selecting your filing, you’ll have the option to print an Electronic Filing Cover Sheet. Attach this sheet to the document you’re filing.
- Fax Submission: Fax both the document and the cover sheet to the Division of Corporations. Once your document is received and processed, the fee is automatically deducted from your Sunbiz E-File Account.
Adding Funds to Your Account
If you need to add more funds to your Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account, follow these steps:
- Complete Deposit Slip: Print and complete the Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Deposit Slip, ensuring your account number is correct.
- Send Payment: Send a check of $300 or more, along with the deposit slip, to the Division of Corporations.
A Sunbiz E-File Account offers businesses in Florida a convenient and efficient means of managing ongoing filings with the Division of Corporations. Whether you opt for a standard Sunbiz E-File Account or a Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account, these digital wallets simplify the payment and filing processes, making compliance and document submission a breeze.
If you have specific questions or need assistance with opening a Sunbiz E-File Account, you can contact the Division of Corporations at 850-245-6939.
Q : Can I fax my filings with a Sunbiz E-File Account?
A : Yes, businesses with an account can fax their filings to the Division of Corporations.
Q : What’s the minimum deposit required for a Sunbiz E-File Account?
A : The minimum deposit is $300.
Q : What are the advantages of having a Sunbiz E-File Account?
A : Streamlined multiple filings, fax submissions, and convenience for ongoing filings.