In Orlando, Florida, around the year 2016, there are currently more than 700 hotels in Orlando and the surrounding area. This wonderful vacation destination is teeming with great hotels because of Disney World and the other many incredible theme parks in this beautiful location.
It’s easy to find a hotel of just about every type in this section of Florida. And this is absolutely perfect for everyone looking to enjoy a wonderful vacation while spending time in the area.
Some people are on a fixed budget and need to take advantage of cheap, economy hotels. Others want the full experience and look forward to visiting one of the many Disney themed hotels. Still others have entirely different needs altogether and they prefer to have the ultimate luxury experience.
No matter who you are or what financial background you happen to come from, there is definitely the perfect hotel for you in Orlando. If you need a hotel to fit in with your budgetary requirements, you’ll find one. If you need a hotel to have an exciting Disney theme, there are plenty of them.
Let’s now take a look at our top five favorite hotels in Orlando.
Our 5 Favorite Hotels in Orlando
We are about to share the names and a brief explanation of our favorite hotels in Orlando. This is not a definitive list by any means, since as we mentioned earlier, there is over 700 hotels in the Orlando area.
Use this list as a guide. Use it to come up with hotel ideas. Just remember that there are plenty of other wonderful options as well. Here is our list in no particular order:
- Nickelodeon Family Suites (Nick Hotel) – although Orlando Florida isn’t necessarily known for its connections to Nickelodeon, the powers that be at this kid’s network recognized an opportunity and went for it. You’re going to love the Nickelodeon branded theme hotel because it has everything that a kid on vacation can ever want. The swimming pools are amazing at this resort hotel, so much so that they have to interactive pool complexes that contain water jets, multiple slides, climbing nets, and even have a 400 gallon drum tank. Let’s not forget about the miniature golf course, the basketball courts, the area for kids to play in the shade, and they even have live nightly entertainment in the form of a massive theater, an arcade, a lounge, and the amazing Nicktoons Café. Your kids are going to love this resort. You can feel it, right?
- Waldorf-Astoria Orlando – this hotel first opened in 2009. And if you do not know your history, the Waldorf-Astoria was originally a hotel in New York City that was built in 1931. The company never built another hotel until they decided to open the Orlando Waldorf-Astoria a few years ago. This amazing hotel is just what the doctor ordered if you’re looking to live in the lap of luxury for a little while. They have a beautiful spa, poolside cabanas, many amazing restaurants on the premises, and a Championship Rees Jones Golf Course. The Waldorf-Astoria has everything that you’ve ever wanted in an impeccable hotel, and they have a top rated staff and amazing service to boot.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – you can’t go wrong spending your vacation at one of the many gorgeous Disney themed hotels. The Animal Kingdom Lodge has an African style setting, so if you’re into wild animals and the African Safari, you will absolutely love staying at this hotel. It is located on a 33 acre wildlife preserve, and the animals roam free. In fact, there are more than 30 animals on the premises, and they are free to roam around and live their lives outside of a cage. And you get to enjoy this authentic experience by staying in rooms that use African architecture to the fullest. The architecture has large beams, thatched ceilings, hand carved golden furnishings, a mud fireplace, African artifacts and much more. The Lodge also has two African themed restaurants, and they even have storytelling that you can enjoy at a nightly campfire.
- The Grand Bohemian Hotel – at The Grand Bohemian Hotel in Orlando, they take luxury to the highest level. As you can imagine, the theme of this hotel is the Bohemian/European-style from the 20th Not only is it an excellent place to stay while on vacation in Orlando, but it’s also great because they have rare artwork from some of the finest artists from around the world, and showcase more than 100 pieces. Some of the more popular artwork on display comes from artists Larry Young, David Wu-Ject Key, Egon Schiele and Gustav Klimt to name a few of the more prominent figures in the art world. Not only is the artwork rare and exotic, so is the piano that they have on display. As a matter of fact, the piano in this location is only one of two of a kind in the world. It is called an Imperial Grand Bosendorfer piano, and it is simply gorgeous! If you appreciate fine artwork and the more luxurious things in life, you’ll absolutely fall head over heels in love with The Grand Bohemian Hotel in Orlando. It’s like being transported into an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort – we’ll wrap this up by telling you more about another one of the wonderful Disney themed resorts. The Polynesian resort is gorgeous and it makes you feel like you’ve escaped to a luscious tropical paradise. The surrounding land is filled with lush vegetation. There are also beautiful white sand beaches, Koi ponds, and thatched roofs. It’s like vacationing in the South Pacific in the middle of Orlando, Florida. Since it is a Disney themed hotel, staying here affords you a wide variety of perks. You get to enjoy all of the wonderful Disney related attractions, and if you enjoy the nightlife, you can take advantage of the many luaus, chants, drumming sessions and traditional fire knife dances. It’s an experience that you will not want to miss.
As you can see, there are many great Orlando hotels to choose from. And we’ve barely scratched the surface by sharing our top five with you today.