Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) is at the forefront of driving economic development in the Sunshine State. Established in 1996, EFI is a unique public-private partnership that has transformed Florida into a dynamic economic powerhouse. With a mission to bolster the state’s economy through private-sector job creation and international trade, EFI collaborates with a vast network of economic development partners. This visionary approach has positioned Florida as a premier business destination.
The Mission of EFI
EFI’s inception marked a historic moment for Florida as it became the first state in the nation to entrust the principal responsibility for economic development, international trade, research, and marketing to a business-government partnership. By bridging the gap between Florida’s businesses and government entities, EFI paved the way for the state’s transformation into a thriving economic hub driven by diverse industries and international business.
This model’s success didn’t go unnoticed, as states across the nation soon adopted a similar approach, inspired by Florida’s innovative business-government partnership.
A Multifaceted Approach
EFI plays a big role in Florida’s economic development. It serves as the primary entity for trade and export development, supporting over 60,000 Florida exporting businesses. Furthermore, EFI provides vital assistance to small and minority businesses through its capital programs. The organization also champions the growth of Florida’s defense industry through the Florida Defense Alliance and Florida Defense Support Task Force. In addition, EFI is a strong advocate for the burgeoning sports industry, working closely with the Florida Sport Foundation.
Meet the Board of Directors
EFI’s Board of Directors is composed of 59 dedicated members who represent a wide range of businesses, government institutions, and organizations within Florida. As the lifeblood of EFI, the Enterprise board of directors consists of voting members who actively engage in job creation efforts that contribute to the state’s prosperity.
• Chairman – Honorable Ron DeSantis: As the Governor of the State of Florida, Ron DeSantis serves as the Appointed/Statute member on the board.
• Vice Chair – Freddie Figgers: Representing Figgers Communication Corporation in Parkland, Freddie Figgers is an At-Large Member.
• Bryan Avila: Bryan Avila is the Appointed/Statute member from the Florida House of Representatives in Tallahassee.
• Gordon Bailey: Representing Florida Blue in Jacksonville, Gordon Bailey is an At-Large Member.
• Anthony Barbar: Anthony Barbar represents Barbar and Associates in Boca Raton as an Appointed/Statute member.
• David Bevirt: An At-Large Member, David Bevirt represents Strategic Property Partners, LLC in Tampa.
• Brewster Bevis: Representing Associated Industries of Florida in Tallahassee, Brewster Bevis serves as an At-Large Member.
• Holly Borgmann: An At-Large Member, Holly Borgmann represents ADT US Holdings, Inc. from Boca Raton.
• Jim Boyd: Jim Boyd represents the Florida Senate in Tallahassee as an Appointed/Statute member.
• Cord Byrd: An Appointed/Statute member, Cord Byrd represents the Florida Department of State in Tallahassee.
• S. Reeves Valentine: S. Reeves Valentine is an At-Large Member representing Lockheed Martin Training & Logistics Solutions in Orlando.
• Dominic Calabro: Dominic Calabro, an Appointed/Statute Member, represents Florida Tax Watch in Tallahassee.
• Suzanne Christman: Representing the Florida Economic Development Council in Lakeland, Suzanne Christman serves as an Ex-Officio member.
• Jose Cil: An At-Large Member, Jose Cil represents Restaurant Brands International in Miami.
• Jason Clement: Jason Clement represents Sports Facilities Advisory | Sports Facilities Management as an Appointed/Statute member.
• Archie Collins: An At-Large Member, Archie Collins represents TECO in Tampa.
• Rodney Cruise: Rodney Cruise serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida.
• Brian Curtin: Representing BRPH Architects-Engineers in Melbourne, Brian Curtin is an At-Large Member.
• David Denor: An At-Large Member, David Denor represents the Florida Trend in St. Petersburg.
• Manny Diaz, Jr.: Manny Diaz, Jr., serves as an Appointed/Statute member as the Commissioner of the Florida Department of Education in Tallahassee.
• Freddie Figgers: Representing Figgers Communication Corporation in Parkland, Freddie Figgers is an At-Large Member.
• Danny Gaekwad: Danny Gaekwad serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing NDS USA in Ocala.
• Ron Goncalves: Ron Goncalves is an At-Large Member representing Nomi Health from Miami.
• Leo Govoni: An At-Large Member, Leo Govoni represents Boston Holding Company LLC in Clearwater.
• Margy Grant: An At-Large Member, Margy Grant represents Florida Realtors in Orlando.
• Sonya Deen Hartley: As an Appointed/Statute member, Sonya Deen Hartley represents J.M. Family Enterprises in Deerfield Beach.
• Jeff Hendry: Jeff Hendry serves as an Ex-Officio member, representing the Northern Florida Economic Development Partnership in Tallahassee.
• Mori Hosseini: Representing ICI Holmes in Daytona Beach, Mori Hosseini serves as an Appointed/Statute member.
• Yolanda Cash Jackson: Yolanda Cash Jackson is an At-Large Member, representing Becker, P.A. in Fort Lauderdale.
• Marva Johnson: An At-Large Member, Marva Johnson represents Charter Communications in Maitland.
• Belinda Keiser: Belinda Keiser serves as an Appointed/Statute member from the Florida Senate.
• David H. Melvin: An At-Large Member, David H. Melvin represents Melvin Engineering in Marianna.
• Nick Miceli: Nick Miceli is an At-Large Member representing TD Bank in Fort Lauderdale.
• Sonya Montgomery: An At-Large Member, Sonya Montgomery represents The Desoto Group in Orlando.
• Ashley Moody: Ashley Moody serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing the Florida Office of the Attorney General in Tallahassee.
• William A. Newsom, Jr.: William “Bill” A. Newsom, Jr. is an At-Large Member of the Board, representing Mitsubishi Power Americas.
• Sheriff Christopher Nocco: Sheriff Christopher Nocco serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing the Pasco Sheriff’s Office in New Port Richey.
• Jimmy Patronis: Jimmy Patronis serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing the Florida Department of Financial Services in Tallahassee.
• John Provenzano: John Provenzano is an At-Large Member of the Board, representing Publix Super Markets, Inc. in Lakeland.
• Brian Phillippi: Brian Philippi serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing TM Recycling in Tarpon Springs.
• Cary Putrino: An At-Large Member, Cary Putrino represents Fifth Third Bank in Tampa.
• Ray Rodrigues: Ray Rodrigues serves as an Ex-Officio member, representing the State University System of FL – Board of Governors in Tallahassee.
• Bob Rommel: Bob Rommel serves as an Appointed/Statute member from the Florida House of Representatives in Tallahassee.
• Bob Ritchie: An At-Large Member, Bob Ritchie represents American Integrity Insurance in Tampa.
• Scott Ross: Scott Ross serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing Capital City Consulting in Tallahassee.
• Stephen Rossiter: An At-Large Member, Stephen Rossiter represents Stephen Rossiter & Cummaro Enterprise (RCE) and My Doctor’s Live in Lakeland.
• Katherine San Pedro: Katherine San Pedro serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing Ballard Partners in Miami.
• Gene Schaefer: An At-Large Member, Gene Schaefer represents Bank of America, N.A. in Miami.
• Jonathan Satter: Jonathan Satter serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing White Wolf Capital Group, Inc. in Miami.
• Melissa Seixas: Melissa Seixas is an At-Large Member of the Board, representing Duke Energy in St. Petersburg.
• Wilton Simpson: Wilton Simpson serves as an Appointed/Statute member, representing the Florida Department of Agriculture in Tallahassee.
• Gary Spulak: Gary Spulak is an At-Large Member representing Embraer Aircraft Holding, Inc. in Fort Lauderdale.
• Stephanie Smith: Stephanie Smith serves as an Appointed/Statute Member of the Board, representing CareerSource Florida in Tallahassee.
• Crystal Stiles: An At-Large Member, Crystal Stiles represents Florida Power & Light Company in Juno Beach.
• Mark Wilson: Mark Wilson serves as an Ex-Officio Member of the Board, representing the Florida Chamber of Commerce in Tallahassee.
• Erick Strati: Erick Strati is an At-Large Member of the Board, representing Wells Fargo in Boca Raton.
• Bob Ward: Bob Ward serves as an Appointed/Statute Member of the Board, representing the Florida Council of 100 in Tampa.
• Joe York: Joe York is an At-Large Member representing AT&T in Florida, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
For those interested in getting in touch with EFI, here are their contact details:
- Address: 800 North Magnolia Avenue, Suite 1100, Orlando, Florida 32803
- Phone: 407-956-5600
- Fax: 407-956-5599
- Address: 101 North Monroe Street, Suite 1000, Tallahassee, Florida 32301
- Phone: 850-298-6620
- Fax: 850-298-6659
- Address: 201 Alhambra Circle, Suite 610, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
- Phone: 305-808-3660
- Fax: 305-808-3586
Q : Who are on the enterprise Florida board of directors?
A : Some notable members on the board include Ron DeSantis, Freddie Figgers, Gordon Bailey, Anthony Barbar, Bryan Avila, and many others, who collaborate to advance Florida’s economic development and create private-sector employment opportunities.
Q : What is an FHFC board meeting?
A : An FHFC board meeting refers to a meeting of the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s board of directors. In this housing meeting, discussions and decisions related to shelter and community development matters in Florida take place.
Q : What is Mori Hosseini net worth?
A : Morteza “Mori” Hosseini is undoubtedly a millionaire. Nevertheless, the exact net worth Mori Hosseini remains unknown.
Q : Does EFI have telephonic meeting as well?
A : Yes, EFI conducts telephonic meetings as part of its operations and communications.
Q : What is the Sarasota County Commission meeting agenda?
A : The Sarasota County Commission meeting agenda is a list of items, topics, and issues scheduled to be discussed and addressed at any upcoming meeting of the Sarasota County Commission.
Q : What is a property management meeting agenda template?
A : property management meeting agenda template is a pre-designed and customizable document that outlines the topics and discussions to be covered during a property management meeting. It serves as a framework for property managers to organize and structure their meetings efficiently.
Q : Where can I find North Point Regency Mortgage reviews?
A : You can find North Point Regency Mortgage reviews, North Point Regency loan modification and much more on various online platforms, including their website, as well as on independent review sites like Yelp, Google Reviews, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Q : Who is Troy J. Link?
A : Troy J. Link is the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, a prominent company known for being the largest manufacturer of meat snacks globally. In this role, he is responsible for leading and overseeing the operations and strategic direction of the company.